Image Credit: Microsoft
Every year, Microsoft throws a big shindig event for its partners that goes by the obvious title of Worldwide Partners Conference. It tends to be one of the bigger Microsoft-only events, though the month of June this year was crazier than most. Still, WPC 2012 should be an important event especially with a lot of talk about Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. After all, it was at last year's show that we received our first look at new Mango-based hardware from Samsung, Acer, Fujitsu and ZTE (all of which were eventually released onto the market).
So what is there to expect from this year's show? We've highlighted a few of the events and sessions that caught our eye and will hopefully reveal more about Windows Phone:
Vision Keynote: "Entering the New Era"
Speakers: CEO of Microsoft Steve Ballmer
- Monday July 9, 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM EST
Value Keynote: "Windows Phone: Built for Business"
Speakers: Andreas Blanco Berkovics, Thom Gruhler
- Windows Phone provides the best personal and business mobile experience. It allows IT organizations to meet their security and management needs while giving their users the productivity and communication tools they already know and utilize. In this keynote learn about new opportunities for building and growing your mobility business with Microsoft, and how to effectively compete against other platforms such as BlackBerry.
WP01 "Increase Your Services Revenue by Deploying, Integrating, and Managing Windows Phone Devices"
Speakers: Andreas Blanco Berkovics, Anthony Kinney, Augusto Valdez, Pierce Hoffman
- If you are a system integrator focused on Microsoft infrastructure and productivity products like Windows, System Center, Exchange, Lync or SharePoint, come to this session and gain insights to increase your services revenues by integrating Windows Phone into your practice and maximizing your existing talent and assets.
WP02 "Developing Applications for Windows Phone"
Speakers: Aaron Bernstein, Andreas Blanco Berkovics, Andy Wigley, Paul Laberge
- Windows Phone offers developers and ISVs a tremendous opportunity to build unique Metro applications and integrated experiences across PCs, slates and phones. In this session learn from Microsoft experts how the platform and development tools are creating new opportunities for you to create powerful and rich B2B and B2C mobile applications, and discover best practices on how to successfully take them to market.
US03 U.S. Mobility: Increase Revenue Streams with TD Mobility Windows Phone Solutions
Speakers: Executive VP of TD Mobility Charles Kriete, Sean Pirtle
- TD Mobility is a new offering from Tech Data that will give partners and resellers the ability to add additional revenue streams to their bottom lines. Attend "Increase Revenue Streams with TD Mobility Windows Phone Solutions" to hear firsthand about two new programs—TD Activate and Cell Manage. The session will go into detail on the activation process and revenue associated with Windows Phone mobility solutions. Target audience: Tech Data reseller.
Interestingly enough, Windows Phone leadership like Terry Myerson and Joe Belfiore may not be attending the event according to the agenda details. However, Thom Gruhler will be making his first public appearance as Corporate VP of Windows Phone Marketing in the "Built for Business" Value Keynote, and there are strong hints we'll be learning more about WP8's enterprise features throughout the event's run.
We'll just have to wait and see if anything new is revealed at the week-long event. Remember to keep an eye here, and also to tune in to Steve Ballmer's WPC 2012 opening keynote presentation on Monday morning (we'll publish the link as soon as it's ready).