Somewhere right now, the Verizon guy is just shaking his head and the Rumor Police are panting and out of breath. Insideris has discovered a thread from Bodybuilding.com (not making this up) where members are talking about Windows Phone. In the discussion, someone has republished details "from a Verizon employee on another forum" and they're pretty zany. We'll just share with you what they wrote, verbatim:
Here's a little rumor update going from both internal and external sources:
- HTC "midrange" phone. Im guessing 720p 4-4.3" screen, 1.2Ghz S4, 1GB RAM, 8GB internal.
- Nokia high end phone. Probably 768p 4.3" + screen. VZW is going all in on "phablets" this fall so i expect the Nokia will be 4.5" at least.1.5GHz S4, 16 and 32GB offerings.
- Low end Samsung as a prepaid offering. Trophy specs with Sammy plastic. WVGA, 1.2 S4, 4GB internal, 512Mb of RAM
- Midrange Samsung. Galaxy Nexus clone.
- Veizon will be a launch partner and will appear September 5th
- Marketing campaign on par with the OG Droid
It's already loony enough to think that a carrier who hasn't given a second thought about Windows Phone since 2010 is planning four devices to launch this Fall, but the one thing that really raises red flags for us is the note about the September 5th event. We know for a fact that Verizon has its own commitment to a Motorola press event the same day, which is where many are predicting the next Droid device will be announced. So it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for Verizon to also appear and show support for a direct competitor to one of Android's most well-known brands, which they own by the way.
While we'd love to see this come true and most of the devices detailed do line up with most of the hardware rumors we've seen over the past week or two, we just don't think it's legit. How do you feel about it?
Source: Bodybuilding.com Forums